There are many circumstances which can cause people in our area to sometimes require temporary shelter, food, clothing or other types of help. Concerned churches, businesses, and individuals have been there joining hearts and hands to meet these needs. Brunswick County Streetreach desires to partner with these individuals and organizations to provide a home between homes. Our prayer is to be that hand-up during a time of crisis.
Do to others as you would like them to do to you.
--Luke 6:31, NLT
Contact BC Streetreach:
|Directors: Garry & Rev. Donna Phelps|
|Phone||(910) 842-2711 (office)|
|BCSTR - P.O. Box 1331, Shallotte, NC 28459|
|Volunteer information: email@example.com|
|Shelter information: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|General information: email@example.com|
HOW YOU MAY HELP SUPPORT THIS PROGRAM:
Your financial contributions make a difference! All of our team members are volunteers that use their own vehicles and fuel. All of the items that we distribute to homeless people are donated or paid for by the contributions of individual donors. We do not receive grants and we are not funded by any church or organization on a monthly basis.
We are transparent in our financial practices, so you can see how your gifts are being used to help the lost, the poor and homeless in our local community and around the world. If gifts received are above a specific need, they will be used where the need is greatest. We specifically use your gifts in the area that you have specified.
We are deeply grateful for your investment in Streetreach! Please know we value your faithful prayer support as well as every financial contribution that you entrust to us. We strive to use each gift wisely so that as many people as possible have the chance to transform their lives out of poverty and homelessness.
Believing in God's sovereignty and loving grace, we have not had to accept any government funding at this time. All finances have been through the faithful support of God's people as he moves in their hearts to give to this program. As the Lord blesses and the Holy Spirit moves, this outreach to the homeless will be funded and grow to the fullest extent of God's will and His plan. BCSTR rests on a foundation of faith and is totally dependent on God's provision in all areas of the interfaith program.
As a partner in this ministry, you should know that Streetreach pledges:
- To introduce needy people to Jesus Christ and give them hope in finding long-term solutions to their problems.
- To help you help neighbors in need during a time of crisis.
- To help you help the poor in the most cost-effective way possible. That's why we take extra care to use every penny wisely.
- To keep you informed about how your gifts are being used and what they are accomplishing.
- To keep our financial affairs open and above reproach. We have an uncompensated Board of Directors that exams all financial reports and all expenditures.
- To give God all the Glory for what HE is doing through Streetreach
We pledge to help as many people as possible by providing food, emergency shelter, clothing, linkage to resources, and other programs -- wrapped in dignity, respect, compassion, and Christian love. Your support is greatly appreciated. With your help, Streetreach works to make our community a better place for everyone to live.
Join us In Prayer
Please pray that Streetreach will be a beacon of hope and a source of strength to those that come our way.
Pray that we provide encouragement and blessing to those who are hurting and struggling.
Pray that Streetreach will be in the center of God’s will and that we will be submissive to Him and sensitive to His leading.
Pray for our board of Directors that they will be committed to Christ and people with integrity. Pray that they will lead by example.
Pray that our volunteers will always have compassion yet will maintain professional boundaries and not grow weary in well doing.
Pray that our donors will be obedient to God in their giving and be blessed by their faithfulness.
Pray that our clients will see the love of Christ through us and be open to God’s working in their lives.
Please pray that our priority will always be to minister to the spiritual and physical needs of the poor and hurting in Jesus’ name!
“Whoever is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and He will reward them for what they have done.” – Proverbs 19:17
Schedule a SpeakerOur volunteers welcomes the opportunity to speak with your group.
Suggested Speaker Events - Call us today to schedule your event!
- Small groups/Ministry groups/Churches
- Professional Associations/Civic Clubs
- Youth groups / Schools
- Missions Fairs
Donate needed items for church host sites:
- Gas cards(any amount)--used by host site guest & volunteers for transporting homeless to & from surrounding shelters,motels, and jobs
- We are in desperate need of a small Van ( 6 cylinder / 6-8 passenger)
- Restaurant & Retail gift cards (any amount) for purchase of homeless guest needs
- Sleeping bags - lots!
- Diapers (newborn -4t), baby wipes, baby powder, baby food
- straight talk phone cards ($30 & $45) -only form of contact for those living on the streets, needed for job contact
- 2-4 men tents
- Towels, wash clothes, lysol spray, air freshner, coffee, gatorade, breakfast bars,fruit cups,instant grits & oatmeal,etc....
- Monetary donations: Become a Monthly Sponsor, Sponsor a meal for the weekly feedings
Today we have the unique opportunity to release individuals from extreme poverty and danger of living on the streets in our county. Your donations help feed, cloth,shelter and present the Gospel to neighbors in serious need of hope during a time of crisis. For that we say.....THANK YOU!
TOGETHER WE CAN HELP ANSWER THE PRAYERS OF THE HOMELESS!
The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace.