- Each week Garry & The Street Team distributes lunch bags & cases of bottled waters to the homeless living in the desolate areas of the county.
- Each month approximately 25-35 food packages are distributed to the needy across Brunswick County.
Street Team is currently collecting items for the homeless Vets across the Tri-County area
(new sleeping bags, $5 food restaurant cards, new backpacks)
Will be distributed on several different days the last week of October.
Sunday, October 27 ........Donna Phelps will be speaking at Seaside Christian Fellowship on the 'Mandate to serve the Poor.'
Saturday, November 9........Movie Night-We will be sharing a free movie- 'A Place at the Table' - this is a wonderful opportunity to learn about the hunger issue in America and how we can help. We will also have a container to collect non-perishable items. This is in recognition of Hunger & Homeless Week - November 16-24. All are welcome! Movie begins at 6pm, Sharon UMC Fellowship Hall- light refreshments will be served. Open to all!
- FOOD DRIVE: In honor of Hunger & Homeless Week (November 16-24) we will be conducting a food drive. We will be glad to supply containers, just call office at (910) 842-2711. Food will be collected from 11/10- 11/25. All items will be distributed to our local food pantries to help fill in the gaps during the holidays.
- November 21.............Resource Fair, Hosted by Sacred Heart, Southport- 16 different agencies will be available to assist those seeking housing, food, medical attention, jobs, etc...( 11am-6pm)
- November 23............."Free" Coats to the Needy! We will be distributing coats from 2-4pm at Peace Memorial Baptist Church, Hwy.17N, Winnabow.