You can help change the life of a prisoner’s child FOREVER.
|Sending Kids Back to School with Dignity|
Angel Tree Camping: June-August
For many children of prisoners, some of the basic rites of childhood – like spending a week away at summer camp – are out of the question.
Every summer, hundreds of children get the opportunity to attend a Christian summer camp through our sponsorship.
Camp can be one of the most life-changing experiences that children of incarcerated parents can have. Camp gives the child an opportunity to have fun, fellowship with their peers, build relationships with caring camp counselors, and to experience the love of God in the great outdoors-with children facing the same issues.
The camping experience gives the children the opportunity to strengthen their relationship with God. At camp many children will make a first-time decision to trust in Jesus Christ or deepen their commitment to Him. And the growth that begins at camp is reinforced and nurtured when your church provides follow-up support for the kids after they return. ( We participate in camps held at Camp Mundo Vista, Camp Caraway, Camp Agape, Camp Bethel)
|Garry Phelps delivering gifts of love from the inmates to their children|
Remember these boys and girls:
- Feel abandoned, unloved and confused for their parent’s incarceration.
- Hope that their parent in prison remembers them.
- Need to know that Jesus Christ can fill the void in their hearts and that God can bring healing to their families broken by crime.
Every year we organize a festive holiday celebration for families of inmates, children that are homeless or at-risk of homelessness, providing a much-needed respite from the daily challenges of poverty in some of our counties most disadvantaged neighborhood
- Coordinating a Toy Drive in your office, neighborhood, or place of worship. We need hundreds of new, unwrapped new toys for children ages infant to 17. We'll wrap them and deliver them!
- Becoming a sponsor. Are you a business who would like to sponsor the holiday party with either an outright monetary donation or an appropriate gift in kind?
- Gift Cards of any amount are always needed for the poor children to purchase needed shoes and clothing items for school.
- Dropping off a NEW bicycle for a needy kid at Building Hope Ministries, 1009 Hewett Rd., Supply.